This is your chance to spend four days mastering your machine and longarm quilting skills. Each day is packed with basic and advanced techniques, creative techniques, accessories and tips that will enhance your longarm quilting experience. Watch your longarm skills build and transform during the four fun and creative days.
· Loading the quilt - making it easy and accurate
· Getting to know your machine
· Needles, threads, and batting - taking the mystery out
· Perfect tension - how to recognize bad and good tension and how to adjust
· Bobbins - when to use prewounds; how to wind a bobbin
· Stitch Regulation - what it does, how it does it, when to use it
· Handle bars - front and back and micro handles - when to use, what and where
· Reviewing the machine LCD screen - what modes do what and when to use
· Overview and use the pattern boards, stylus, and the ruler base and rulers
· 5 basic shapes - the starting blocks to quilting - learn and use these shapes
· Planning your quilt - determine the design or design(s) and where to quilt
· How to handle borders and sashes
· How to handle opportunities - twisting, tension problems, don’t like the stitching, lopsided or off the frame, waves on the side of the quilt, batting too small, backing too small and more
· Personal tips and suggestions on improving your skill
Baby Lock will provide the Baby Lock Long arm machine, frame, quilting software (if owned), all the needed tools for the class, all fabrics, threads, batting,
lunch all four days and dinner for the first three evenings in addition to breaks and sweet treats.
You will only be required to bring a pencil or pen, sketchpad and two practice quilts.
Additional information will be sent to you upon the completion of the registration form.
(Transportation and accommodations not included)
Link to Getaway Video: